- How much does it cost?
Minor repair and calibrations are only $69.95 per instrument for either hand dynamometers or pinch gauges. A major repair of a B&L Engineering Pinch Gauge requiring replacement of internal parts in the dial mechanism is $99.95. We do not repair hydraulic fluid leaks or broken dial mechanisms in hydraulic instruments or other brands of mechanical pinch gauges, but we do offer a $50 trade-in credit towards the purchase of a new B&L Engineering Pinch Gauge, Hand Dynamometer, or 3-piece Hand Evaluation Kit which includes a two-year warranty.
- Do I need a Return Authorization before I send instruments for repair and calibration?
No. Simply complete our Repair & Calibration Form and include it with your instruments.
- How can I receive a quotation to get my devices calibrated?
Please email your quotation request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (714) 505-9492.
- How should we ship instruments to you?
Simply place your instruments in their case inside a cardboard box and surround with cushioning material such as peanuts or bubble-wrap. Remember to include the completed Repair & Calibration Form. We recommend US Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx.
- I want to use your Repair and Calibration Services for the first time. What do I need to do to set up an account?
No formal paperwork is required on our end. If your facility requires us to complete any new vendor forms, please email your request to email@example.com.
- How can I get a copy of your W-9 to get you set up as a vendor?
Please email all requests for our W-9 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can you bill me if I provide a Purchase Order?
Yes. Simply include your PO# on the Repair & Calibration Form and include a hard copy of your Purchase Order with your instruments.
- Can I pay with a credit card?
Yes. Simply include your credit card information on the Repair & Calibration Form or check the box for us to call you to obtain your VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card information.
- What if my instrument cannot be repaired?
We will contact you and offer three options:
- Return your instrument at no charge other than the cost of return shipping.
- Dispose of your instrument at no charge.
- Trade-in your defective instrument and receive a $50 discount towards the purchase of a new instrument.
Note: Only one trade-in discount can be applied per new Hand Dynamometer, Pinch Gauge or 3-Piece Hand Evaluation Kit and they all include a two-year warranty.
- How do you ship instruments back to us?
We normally ship via UPS Ground unless you specify an alternative method in the Special Instructions section of the Repair & Calibration Form. We add the shipping charges to your invoice unless you provide your UPS or FedEx Account number.
- How long does it take after you receive my instruments before they are shipped back to me?
Devices are typically shipped out within one to two business days after they are received.